About the Ramsey Park Improvements
The project to improve Ramsey Park is the result of a remarkable and unprecedented partnership between the Rosedale neighborhood and the City of Austin. A group of caring, concerned citizens made up of your friends and neighbors have been working with the City of Austin for more than two years to develop a Master Plan in order to undertake major renovations at Ramsey Park. Planned improvements include laying new pathways, resurfacing the tennis courts, covering the basketball court, integrating a natural play area, adding climbing equipment, installing new picnic tables, creating an amphitheater and more.
After soliciting input and ideas from park users at public meetings and via email, the Ramsey Park Renovation Committee identified seven goals for the Master Plan:
- To offer a multigenerational place to play and relax
- To serve as a neighborhood retreat from the heat
- To preserve the park's open spaces
- To maintain and enhance the access to nature the park provides residents
- To increase opportunities for the community to gather on a regular basis
- To enhance multipurpose and year-round use of different spaces around the park
- To renovate existing infrastructure, install desired new infrastructure, and adopt park rules consistent with the first six broad goals
Timeline and Costs
The project will be implemented in four phases, which you can read more about at the Master Plan. Construction on Phase I began in Spring 2014 and will conclude in September 2014. Construction one Phase II is scheduled to begin Fall 2014. The total cost for all four phases is $480,00.00. As of September 1, 2014, we have raised $455,000.00. In order to complete the project, we need to raise an additional $25,000.00. Make your donation today!